ROMAN FORUM AND THE COLISEUM
Raise & Fall of the Roman Empire
Go back 2000 years and discover the capital of the Roman world.
The city that was able to maintain its sovereignty for more than three centuries.
Wade in the breath-taking wonders of the Roman Forum where the Roman Senate ruled with an Iron Hand amongst its temples and the Capitoline Hill.
The Rome which is so well-known for its emperors and its gladiators! Yes folks, ROMA CAPUT MUNDI!
What We Will See:
- Coliseum (No queue): See where all the stories of the ancient Roman world began.
- Temple of Saturn: A colossal monument dedicated to the agricultural deity.
- Arch of Septimius Severus: An arch which lead into the road from Carthage to Theveste.
- Curia Julia: A grand edifice which housed the Roman Senate.
- Rostra: Where selected speakers would deliver speeches to those who assembled there to listen.
- Temple of Julius Caesar: Built after the Senate deified Julius Caesar and after his death.
- Temple of Castor and Pollux: Built in honor of the Greek Twins.
- Temple of Vesta: Was there antique cult activity even during that period of time?
- Temple of Antoninus and Faustina: Where an inscription dedicates the temple to Antoninus and Faustina by decree of the State.
- Basilica of Maxentius: The largest building in the Roman Forum.
- Arch of Titus: Built in honor of Titus and his victories by his brother, Emperor Domitian.
- Arch of Constantine: Where an excessive recycling of parts from earlier buildings built this amazingly beautiful commemoration to Constantine’s great victory.
No wheelchair accessible
- From 1 up to 4 People 195 euros - One way By cab included
- From 5 up to 7 People 220 euros - One way By cab Included
Please Note: The hotel must be locaded in central area of Rome an extra charge of 50,00 Euros will be applied for all the hotels locaded outside the Central Area of Rome
And if you choose to add one more hour to this amazing journey into the past, making it 4 hours instead of 3, you will also have the possibility to visit The Basilica of San Clemente. Travel back in time and explore this fourth century Basilica, which is evidence of the increasing legitimacy and power of the Catholic Church.
You can then take a further step into the past by descending into first century Rome where you will be able to witness with your own eyes, a pagan temple!
Centuries and centuries of art and history just waiting to be discovered!
COLOSSEUM ENTRANCE LAST MINUTE'S NEWS; PLEASE READ VERY IMPORTANT NOTE!
The Italian State in Date March 2016 has decided to reinforce the security at the Colossium. Each client with or without reservation must pass through the metal detector (like at the airport)! Nobody including tour operators as we are, tour companies, bus tours, shore excursions arranged by Cruises and single client are allowed to skip that step. We can only skip the line after we have passed this control and once we are inside as promised we will skip the line because we've already have your tickets. Your driver will assist you to get in, you will not be alone during this and only when you are inside the driver will return to his car waiting for you while you are enjoying the visit! Thank you for understanding DGS Staff
OUR COMPANY HAS NOT CHARGED ANYTHING ON YOUR CREDIT CARD, but has used it exclusively to book the services you have requested.
Remember that services with the Driver Guide Service need to be payed in CASH at the end of each service.
If you do want to pay with your credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD) you will be charged an extra 20% on the cost of the tour. (Please note that we do not accept AMERICAN EXPRESS cards).
- Licensed tour Guide Included
- One way transfer by cab from the hotel to the Roman Forum included
NOT INCLUDED -
- Tickets into the Coliseum 17.00 euros per person " Instant Access "
- Free entrance for kids up to 6 years old
- Lunch and any eventual extras
- Transfer back to the hotel