Rome & Vatican From Civitavecchia
We shall go to the roots of this marvellous city. Discovering the greatest of Emperors, the succession of Popes, the ruins of Imperial Rome and the masterpieces of Michelangelo and Bernini.
We will meet by the boat and within 1 our and twenty minutes we shall be in the heart of Rome. Our first stop will be The Palatine Hill. Here we will have the possibility to appreciate the scenic view overlooking Circus Maximus. Some may recognize this location as where they shot the movie "Ben Hur" in 1959, one of the most admired films concerning Ancient Rome.
From Circus Maximus we will be able to easily carry on and shortly reach the most well-known monument in Rome, the Coliseum. We have just come upon the domain of the gladiators where we shall enter into the glorious structure without waiting any lines or queues.
After absorbing the vastness and enormity of this monument, whose walls could tell such wicked tales, we will then proceed on towards the car. We will be able to see the Roman Forum, Venezia Square, the Spanish Steps, the Fountain of Trevi, and Navona Square.
Not excluding The Pantheon, a truly mystical structure of which Michelangelo spoke of when he first saw it in the early 1500’s, with these words, "angelic and not of human design."
At this point we will give ourselves an energy boost by stopping to have lunch, Roman style. Bruschette, pasta, and coffee.Then we are off to stroll through the Vatican Museums with its world famous Sistine Chapel. Here we will find some of Michelangelo’s most prominent works and then later to St. Peter’s Cathedral, the most outstanding church in Christendom.
This service is carried out exclusively by your personal driver and guide. He or she will accompany you internally through the Vatican Museums and then return with you to the vehicle.
In general the entrance and tour through the museum is better managed between the hours of 1:45pm and 2:00pm
- Up to 2 people: Euro : 600 -Licensed Guide inside the Vatican Included
- Up to 4 people: Euro : 630 -Licensed Guide inside the Vatican Included
- Up to 7 people: Euro : 650 -Licensed Guide inside the Vatican Included
- the Basilica of St Peter’s might close for last minute ceremonies or mass. We will try to inform you on time but it is not always possible.
OUR COMPANY HAS NOT CHARGED ANYTHING ON YOUR CREDIT CARD, but has used it exclusively to book the services you have requested.
Remember that services with the Driver Guide Service need to be payed in CASH at the end of each service.
If you do want to pay with your credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD) you will be charged an extra 20% on the cost of the tour. (Please note that we do not accept AMERICAN EXPRESS cards).
- Licensed Vatican Tour Guide included
- Include transportation in a comfortable Mercedes Limovan equipped with double air-conditioning.
- This would be ideal for a couple but also adaptable for families with children.
NOT INCLUDED -
- Tickets into the Coliseum instant access 14,00 euros per person.
- Tickets for the Vatican Museums instant access 26.00 euros per person.
- Lunch and any eventual extras.